As Mom and Dad get older, their needs change and they may require increasing levels of care. Organizing care for an older loved one be overwhelming for family members, particularly those who live at a distance. We work with professional geriatric care managers (GCMs) who can help families evaluate the types of care services available and help coordinate your loved one’s care.
Geriatric care management includes the assessment, planning, coordination, supervision and management of care services for older adults. Our geriatric care managers meet with your family and the person who will be receiving care to discuss care concerns, perform a home assessment and recommend options for modifications and care services.
Our geriatric care management services include, but are not limited to:
- Special needs assessment and management
- Care plan development
- Referrals to professionals and specialists
- Coordination of care services
- Assistance with medical and financial planning
- Healthcare bill auditing, review and payment services
- Medication management
- Nutrition and dietary management
- Pre- and post-hospitalization care coordination
- Home assessment and safety evaluations
- Coordination of in-home help
Each patient’s care needs are different, and our GCMs work closely with you and your loved one to ensure your specific needs are met. Contact North Home Healthcare of Houston, Texas today to learn more about our geriatric care management program and how your family can benefit from our professional care coordination.