North Home Healthcare offers professional physical therapy services including:
- Gait training
- Utilizing various assistive devices
- Ultrasound therapy
- Therapeutic exercises designed to strengthen and improve range of motion or to prevent joint contractures due to muscular disease
Who could benefit from in-home physical therapy?
Physical therapy helps individuals regain motion and strength and may be applicable for patients who have experienced:
- An injury after a fall
- Difficulty walking
- Joint pain
- Hip or knee replacement surgery
- A cardiac episode, such as a heart attack
- Any other noticeable decline in physical function
Our physical therapists (PTs) and physical therapy assistants (PTAs) provide individualized patient education in transfer techniques and the use of adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches and Hoyer lifts. They also provide instruction to our patients and caregivers on long-term exercise programs designed to improve the patients’ level of independence. Contact us to learn more about our Houston area physical therapy services.