North Home Healthcare’s occupational therapists provide services that include:
- Evaluation of the patient’s functional abilities
- Teaching task-oriented therapeutic activities to restore physical function
- Teaching activities of daily living (eating, bathing, dressing and basic household routines)
- Energy conservation to improve the patient’s level of independence
- Instruction on the use of self-help devices
Who may benefit from occupational therapy?
Our occupational therapy staff help individuals who have physical, developmental, social or emotional problems that prevent them from performing the general activities of daily living. Individuals who have experienced any of the following may benefit from occupational therapy:
- Hip or knee replacement surgery
- Pain in hands, arms or shoulders
- Difficulty with dressing, bathing, and preparing and meals
- Memory issues
Let our occupational therapists help your patients or loved ones learn the skills necessary for living an independent and satisfying life. Contact us today to learn more about our wide array of therapy services.